Before traveling, please consider:
- Is this trip necessary?
- Is COVID-19 spreading where you live?
- Is COVID-19 spreading at your destination?
- Will you or your travel companion(s) be in close contact with others during your trip?
- Are you or your travel companion(s) at higher risk of severe illness if you do get COVID-19?
- Do you have a plan for taking time off from work or school, in case you get exposed to, or are sick with, COVID-19?
- Do you live with someone who is older or has a severe chronic health condition?
Updated: March 15, 2020
If you are considering travel, please ask yourself whether this trip is necessary or whether it can be delayed. For example, trips to the pharmacy or grocery store may be considered necessary.
Please do not use public transportation, use a taxi or rideshare, or fly if you are sick or at risk of catching coronavirus -- including if you are going to the doctor.
In your car, please remember to wipe down your steering wheel, buttons, door handles (inside and out), seatbelt buckles, and GPS system. When you fill up at the pump, please remember to use a tissue or paper towel when touching the gas pump or the touch screen.
If you use public transportation, MARTA is helping riders stay healthy by increasing cleaning on trains and buses and in stations. More information is available on MARTA's website.
Many airlines offered to change or cancel reservations free of charge. If you are scheduled to fly in the next 72 hours, please visit your airline's website to see how coronavirus might affect you and to change or cancel your flight. If your flight is more than three days away, please wait until closer to your flight so that airlines assist customers with immediate needs.
Many cruise ship operators suspended operation due to coronavirus. Please contact your cruise line for additional details if you have an upcoming trip planned. The CDC recommends travelers, particularly those with underlying health issues, defer all cruise ship travel worldwide.
Information about traveling to and from different parts of the world is changing quickly. Please refer to the CDC's travel page for the latest updates.