Benefits to the 5th Congressional district
Access to affordable health care:
- Extend coverage to 95,500 uninsured residents of the 5th Congressional District of Georgia,
- Guaranteed access to coverage for 17,200 of our friends and neighbors in the District with pre-existing conditions by this summer.
- Improve coverage for 381,000 residents with health insurance.
- Protect 1,900 families from bankruptcy due to unaffordable health care costs
Tax Breaks for Individuals and Small Businesses:
- Give tax credits of up to 35% of employer premium contributions to small business that choose to offer coverage.
- Give tax credits and assistance to 160,000 families in the 5th Congressional District to help them afford coverage
- Improve Medicare for 66,000 seniors:
- 50% discount on prescription drugs while in the donut hole
- Close the donut hole by 2020
Help for Doctors and health providers:
- Reduce the uncompensated cost of health care to providers by $304 million annually
- Incentives for the training of new health professionals and doctors
- Reduce administrative burdens
- Improve coordination of care between doctors
Reduce the Deficit:
- Fixing our health care system will reduce the federal deficit by $1.3 trillion over the next two decades.
As with any law, there are always good ideas that will be brought to the table to make it even better. I am committed to working with each and every one of you to ensure that the health system works for every American.